Disable certain ports for telent - Network

This is a discussion on Disable certain ports for telent - Network ; I would like to prevent telent on certain ports on unix/windows boxes where my application is running on these ports. Is there a way to do it ? Thanks and Regards Suresh...

  1. Disable certain ports for telent

    I would like to prevent telent on certain ports on unix/windows boxes
    where my application is running on these ports.
    Is there a way to do it ?

    Thanks and Regards
    Suresh

  2. Re: Disable certain ports for telent

    ppasumarthi@yahoo.com (Suresh_P) wrote in message news:...
    > I would like to prevent telent on certain ports on unix/windows boxes
    > where my application is running on these ports.
    > Is there a way to do it ?
    >

    > Thanks and Regards
    > Suresh

    Do you want to stop it on the computer or use a router to block the ports?

  3. Re: Disable certain ports for telent

    In both Unix and Windows just "DISABLE" the telnet service. If you
    need to perform telnet functions use SSH. All services on both Unix
    and Windows that are not in use should be disabled.

    Mo

  4. Re: Disable certain ports for telent

    SekureSupport@aol.com (Mauricio Fernandez MCSE, CCNA) wrote in message news:<90ebab91.0405230451.56b7fb9f@posting.google.com>...
    > In both Unix and Windows just "DISABLE" the telnet service. If you
    > need to perform telnet functions use SSH. All services on both Unix
    > and Windows that are not in use should be disabled.
    >
    > Mo

    I'm always looking to learn new stuff. How do you do that? What is SSH? Thanks.

  5. Re: Disable certain ports for telent

    A common method of enabling remote access. It's purpose is to replace
    telnet. It also enables you to have secure ftp connection. You can
    also use it to tunnel other types of traffic. Very flexible protocol.

+ Reply to Thread