Setting a LAN on two computers having valid IPs and a hub - Network

This is a discussion on Setting a LAN on two computers having valid IPs and a hub - Network ; Hi all We have two computers, each of which has a valid IP. These computers are connected to a hub, through which they can connect to the Internet. Windows XP professional is installed on both, and they have "ZoneAlarm Pro ...

  1. Setting a LAN on two computers having valid IPs and a hub

    Hi all
    We have two computers, each of which has a valid IP. These computers
    are connected to a hub, through which they can connect to the
    Internet. Windows XP professional is installed on both, and they have
    "ZoneAlarm Pro with Web Filtering 4.5" as their firewall. (Also,
    WinXP's firewall is disabled.)

    The computers can "see" each other through PINGing each other's IPs.

    I want to set up a LAN between them, but I don't know which
    configuration should be set.

    Any help is appreciated,
    thnx in advance.

  2. Re: Setting a LAN on two computers having valid IPs and a hub

    MSDousti@myrealbox.com (MSDousti) wrote in message news:...
    > Hi all
    > We have two computers, each of which has a valid IP. These computers
    > are connected to a hub, through which they can connect to the
    > Internet. Windows XP professional is installed on both, and they have
    > "ZoneAlarm Pro with Web Filtering 4.5" as their firewall. (Also,
    > WinXP's firewall is disabled.)
    >
    > The computers can "see" each other through PINGing each other's IPs.
    >
    > I want to set up a LAN between them, but I don't know which
    > configuration should be set.
    >
    > Any help is appreciated,
    > thnx in advance.

    Are the computers in the same workgroup ?

+ Reply to Thread