Networking Question - Network

This is a discussion on Networking Question - Network ; I just bought a Netgear Wireless router and I'm hooking it up to my current network, just four computers hooked up to a linksys router. I wanted to keep the Linksys as the DHCP server and just use the wireless ...

  1. Networking Question

    I just bought a Netgear Wireless router and I'm hooking it up to my
    current network, just four computers hooked up to a linksys router. I
    wanted to keep the Linksys as the DHCP server and just use the
    wireless router as a hub\wireless access point, but it doesn't seem to
    want to do that. Is there any way to set the linksys as the default
    gateway and use the router like I want to?

    Thanks,
    TheSonOfKrypton@IHATESPAMearthlink.net

  2. Re: Networking Question

    TheSonOfKrypton@earthlink.net (TheSonOfKrypton) wrote in
    news:b2ff3a70.0405131657.69bee013@posting.google.c om:

    > I just bought a Netgear Wireless router and I'm hooking it up to my
    > current network, just four computers hooked up to a linksys router. I
    > wanted to keep the Linksys as the DHCP server and just use the
    > wireless router as a hub\wireless access point, but it doesn't seem to
    > want to do that. Is there any way to set the linksys as the default
    > gateway and use the router like I want to?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > TheSonOfKrypton@IHATESPAMearthlink.net

    The documentation is on their web site:

    Using a Wireless Router as a Wireless Access Point

    http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/N101236.asp

    In this setup, shut off DHCP on the netgear, and the linksys will take
    over.

    This is not exclusive to netgears, this will work with most wireless
    routers.

  3. Re: Networking Question

  4. Re: Networking Question

    Disable the DHCP service on the wireless router itself.

+ Reply to Thread