Wifi Ad Hoc Network - Network

This is a discussion on Wifi Ad Hoc Network - Network ; I have two Microsoft MN-730 Wireless PCI cards. I'm not exactly sure of what I'm doing since this is my first time with networking other than modem dialup. Basically, Computer A can ping to Computer B. But Computer B can ...

  1. Wifi Ad Hoc Network

    I have two Microsoft MN-730 Wireless PCI cards. I'm not exactly sure
    of what I'm doing since this is my first time with networking other
    than modem dialup. Basically, Computer A can ping to Computer B. But
    Computer B can not ping to Computer A. I have IP addresses manually
    assigned (192.168.0.1 & 192.168.0.2) and I have them on the same
    channel, network SSID. I'm kind of stumped. I thought it was a range
    issue...but if Computer A can see Computer B just fine, why won't
    Computer B see Computer A at all?

    Would one of those SMC EZ CONNECT attena's be useful? I have seen two
    for sale at a Futureshop. One is directional, the other
    omni-directional. There is a brick fireplace between the two
    computers (one is in my bedroom, the other in the living room). But
    both are on the same floor.

  2. Re: Wifi Ad Hoc Network

    Check your protocol settings for the wireless adapters. You probably
    dont have the same protocols setup on BOTH machines. Another
    possibilities is if you have windows xp, you probably have the
    firewall feature in the OS enabled. You might want to try both
    things.

+ Reply to Thread