network resource problem - Network

This is a discussion on network resource problem - Network ; I have set up a home network with 4 PC's. All are running Windows XP. Three computers show up find and can access and share files etc. One PC keeps giving me the folowing errors: "\\Dell is not accessable. You ...

  1. network resource problem

    I have set up a home network with 4 PC's. All are running Windows XP. Three
    computers show up find and can access and share files etc.

    One PC keeps giving me the folowing errors:

    "\\Dell is not accessable. You might not have permission to use this network
    resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have
    access permissions. The network path was not found."

    I am the administrator on all the PC's. I've tried various fixes and
    nothing works.

    Any ideas would be appreciated.

    ---

  2. Re: network resource problem

    Running the Firewall feature on windows? Do you have the same
    protocol on all machines?

+ Reply to Thread