Copy files from Win 2000 to XP - Network

This is a discussion on Copy files from Win 2000 to XP - Network ; Trying to copy files from a 2000 machine to an XP pro machine. If the file copy is initiated from the 2000 console I get the following error: Cannot copy "filename": Access is denied. The sourcefile may be in use. ...

  1. Copy files from Win 2000 to XP

    Trying to copy files from a 2000 machine to an XP pro machine. If the
    file copy is initiated from the 2000 console I get the following
    error:

    Cannot copy "filename": Access is denied. The sourcefile may be in
    use.

    Have checked permissions. This error returned trying to copy any file,
    not particular to just one or two.
    However if the file copy is initiated from the XP console, then the
    file is pulled from the 2000 box with no problems.

    Help please

  2. Re: Copy files from Win 2000 to XP

    Do you have the Firewall options in WINXP Pro enabled?

+ Reply to Thread