Internet sharing.. What's missing.. - Network

This is a discussion on Internet sharing.. What's missing.. - Network ; Hi I'm trying to share my internet access but cant figure it out what's wrong.. anyway its my first time to experiment im using 2 windows 98 and 1 windows xp.. I use a switch hub and using dsl for ...

  1. Internet sharing.. What's missing..

    Hi I'm trying to share my internet access but cant figure it out
    what's wrong.. anyway its my first time to experiment

    im using 2 windows 98 and 1 windows xp.. I use a switch hub and using
    dsl for internet connection.
    I assign ip address for each pc's from 192.168.0.10 - 12 and can ping
    each other but no internet access..

    What's missing? do I have to specify the DNS on each pc? or it should
    work automatically?

    Thank's..

  2. Re: Internet sharing.. What's missing..

    cxxxkies_03@yahoo.com (cxxxkies) wrote in message news:<86f2ea14.0405020600.2a525933@posting.google.com>...
    > Hi I'm trying to share my internet access but cant figure it out
    > what's wrong.. anyway its my first time to experiment
    >
    > im using 2 windows 98 and 1 windows xp.. I use a switch hub and using
    > dsl for internet connection.
    > I assign ip address for each pc's from 192.168.0.10 - 12 and can ping
    > each other but no internet access..

    I'm assuming you have a "switch hub and router" to which DSL
    connection is plugged into your "WAN port". And your computers are
    plugged into the LAN ports.

    Ip address setup is not enough, you also need to setup the DNS Ip
    address which is likely your router (maybe 192.168.0.1) and a default
    gateway (again your router).

    It is easier if you use DHCP on each of the computers.

    > What's missing? do I have to specify the DNS on each pc? or it should
    > work automatically?
    >
    > Thank's..

    Your welcome,
    Stacy of Peersites.com