Re: D-Link offers very bad customer service.. my experience - Network

This is a discussion on Re: D-Link offers very bad customer service.. my experience - Network ; I think DLink provides good support. It sounds to me as though you were cut off because of your own rudeness. The racist comments about foreign workers is outrageous by those responding. What a way to get the world to ...

  1. Re: D-Link offers very bad customer service.. my experience

    I think DLink provides good support.
    It sounds to me as though you were cut off because of your own rudeness.
    The racist comments about foreign workers is outrageous by those responding.
    What a way to get the world to love us here in North America!!!
    Take it easy, talk pleasantly and slowly and DLink will provide as good tech
    support as any out there.

    I think you complain too much.

    "Anon" wrote in message
    > I have had occasion to call D-Link support 3 times. Each time, the problem
    > was caused by my own ignorance, and each time I was impressed with their
    > patience and knowledge.
    >
    > Al
    >
    > "John Dalberg" wrote in message
    > >
    > > I have to say that D-Link the makers of routers and other network

    hardware
    > > offers one of the worst tech support a company offers.
    > > Yesterday I wasted two hours trying to get some help. I spoke with 4
    > > different "tech" people who were totally useless, 3 of whom disconnected

    > me
    > > on purpose!!
    > > Everytime I call in, I had to wait for at least 20 minutes before

    someone
    > > answered. Their system can't tell you how long you'll be waiting.
    > > You keep getting a message about their heavy volume of calls and yak yak
    > > yak about their products nonstop ntil you're fed up with their pitches.
    > > They need to improve thier phone system.
    > >
    > > The first person took some information from me, I explained my problem..
    > > tech person told me to hold .. ok.. then I was disconntected. I guess he
    > > can't help!
    > >
    > > Second support person told me that my D-Link DCS-900W wireless camera

    is
    > > not a webcam and it's a security camera which can't be used over the

    web.
    > > WHAT!!?? So I asked him what webcam camera can I use. He told me he

    > doesn't
    > > know and gave me a presales phone number. This is one clueless person

    that
    > > D-Link hired. What kind of a tech person who doesn't know what his

    company
    > > offers and his job is to support the products!!? I mean at least he

    should
    > > know the wireless category of products because that's what I chose on

    the
    > > phone system.
    > >
    > > The third person was a female tech support. She took some info and when

    > > tried to explain my problem.. she rudely says WHAT!. Puts me on hold..

    > Then
    > > I find out I am back in the waiting queue, WTF!!!!! Waited for another

    20
    > > minutes.. the fourth guy comes up.. here we go again.. the same
    > > routine...asked me if I called before. These guys might have tagged me

    or
    > > something in their database or something, so I said no I didn't call
    > > before, they guys asks for my phone number so I give them my cell number
    > > just to start fresh and the guy puts me on hold and I get disconnected.

    > > couldn't believe it. They did it again. At this point I AM FURIOUS.

    > What's
    > > going on is no coincedence.
    > >
    > > These people lack the basic communications and technical skills to offer
    > > proper help.
    > >
    > > To D-LINK: You're an aweful company. I hope you go out of business due

    > > very poor customer support skills. I am going to return your products to
    > > the store... and hopefully this will increase your costs and I hope many
    > > people do the same. I will never buy anything from you again and we'll
    > > shop for Linksys even if they are more expensive.
    > >
    > > D-Link.. I hope people do not buy your products and I truely hope that

    you
    > > lose some potential customers due to my posting of this bad experience

    on
    > > the web. I wasted hours and you caused me stress and frustration and

    this
    > > is my payback to you.
    > >
    > > You need to put more resources on customer support. Your big volume of
    > > phone calls must be due to bad products and support.
    > > Hanging up on people like this is rude. You probably hire low paid tech
    > > people who have no interest in providing any support and they are going
    > > through the phone calls by disconnecting people.
    > >
    > > John Dalberg

  2. Re: D-Link offers very bad customer service.. my experience

    Alan, thank you for your kind, rational comments...I too believe that North
    America is a great place to live, but it is only one place in the world. And
    this world we live in is filled with *people* - all kinds - all of which
    deserve our respect.

    Okay...I'm off my soapbox now

    news:NuOkc.56819$OU.1338073@news20.bellglobal.com. ..

+ Reply to Thread