Slow opening network neighbourhood - Network

This is a discussion on Slow opening network neighbourhood - Network ; 3 computer network 98SE 98 on portable Linux samba The portable takes many minutes to open the browser window yet the workstation opens almost right away. What should I look at? /Strider...

  1. Slow opening network neighbourhood

    3 computer network
    98SE
    98 on portable
    Linux samba

    The portable takes many minutes to open the browser window yet the
    workstation opens almost right away. What should I look at?

    /Strider

  2. Re: Slow opening network neighbourhood

    I would first check the tcp/ip settings. Look at the ones on the 98
    desktop and compare it to the laptop. The ip address cannot be the
    same, but the subnet, gateway and dns should be.

    "strider" wrote in message news:...
    > 3 computer network
    > 98SE
    > 98 on portable
    > Linux samba
    >
    > The portable takes many minutes to open the browser window yet the
    > workstation opens almost right away. What should I look at?
    >
    > /Strider

  3. Re: Slow opening network neighbourhood

    Found it, Wins was disabled instead of use DHCP
    Thanks.

    news:8779d2c8.0403051231.6b5783e2@posting.google.c om...

    > > 3 computer network
    > > 98SE
    > > 98 on portable
    > > Linux samba
    > >
    > > The portable takes many minutes to open the browser window yet the
    > > workstation opens almost right away. What should I look at?
    > >
    > > /Strider

+ Reply to Thread