Using cable/dsl router as a hub only - Network

This is a discussion on Using cable/dsl router as a hub only - Network ; I would like to use a cable/dsl router as a hub with no cable internet. I don't want to share an internet connection. I'd just like to set up a network with a few pc's to share files. Can the ...

  1. Using cable/dsl router as a hub only

    I would like to use a cable/dsl router as a hub with no cable
    internet. I don't want to share an internet connection. I'd just
    like to set up a network with a few pc's to share files. Can the
    internet portion be overlooked, and just used as a hub. The manual
    has the minimum requirement the need for a cable modem.

    TIA
    Vince

  2. Re: Using cable/dsl router as a hub only

    Vincent wrote:

    > I would like to use a cable/dsl router as a hub with no cable
    > internet. I don't want to share an internet connection. I'd just
    > like to set up a network with a few pc's to share files. Can the
    > internet portion be overlooked, and just used as a hub. The manual
    > has the minimum requirement the need for a cable modem.
    >
    > TIA
    > Vince

    Should work OK. (This is the same situation as a router/modem being used
    for Internet access and network setup when the Internet connection is
    down for whatever reason).

  3. Re: Using cable/dsl router as a hub only

    Jerry Park wrote in message news:...
    > Vincent wrote:
    >
    > > I would like to use a cable/dsl router as a hub with no cable
    > > internet. I don't want to share an internet connection. I'd just
    > > like to set up a network with a few pc's to share files. Can the
    > > internet portion be overlooked, and just used as a hub. The manual
    > > has the minimum requirement the need for a cable modem.
    > >
    > > TIA
    > > Vince

    > Should work OK. (This is the same situation as a router/modem being used
    > for Internet access and network setup when the Internet connection is
    > down for whatever reason).

    Thanks, I searched the net and had a tough time finding a straight
    answer on it. I'll give it a shot. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread