CCNA Certification??? - Network

This is a discussion on CCNA Certification??? - Network ; Hey all, I'll be finishing my BA in MIS in the next month or so. I am wanting to start looking at some certifications, rather than do my Masters right away. Currently, I handle internet marketing at small software company, ...

  1. CCNA Certification???

    Hey all,

    I'll be finishing my BA in MIS in the next month or so. I am wanting to
    start looking at some certifications, rather than do my Masters right away.

    Currently, I handle internet marketing at small software company, so I do
    have basic IT knowledge. I was told that I really wouldn't need to take a
    class to pass the CCNA exam, since I have the basics down with my degree and
    experience.

    I am just wondering if anyone knows of a good book that will prepare me for
    the CCNA exam? I would like the ins and outs explanined and everyhting
    outlined, if possible. Not really looking for a quick fix so I am willing
    to work at it.

    TIA

  2. Re: CCNA Certification???

    "NetRyderz" wrote in message news:...
    > Hey all,
    >
    > I'll be finishing my BA in MIS in the next month or so. I am wanting to
    > start looking at some certifications, rather than do my Masters right away.
    >
    > Currently, I handle internet marketing at small software company, so I do
    > have basic IT knowledge. I was told that I really wouldn't need to take a
    > class to pass the CCNA exam, since I have the basics down with my degree and
    > experience.
    >
    > I am just wondering if anyone knows of a good book that will prepare me for
    > the CCNA exam? I would like the ins and outs explanined and everyhting
    > outlined, if possible. Not really looking for a quick fix so I am willing
    > to work at it.
    >
    > TIA

    Petek Utku wrote:

    I'm CCNA certified. I would highly recommend the Transcender test and
    Cisco Press CCNA preparation books. You can also study Cisco ICND
    materials as well. Most of the questions are pretty tricky, especially
    the IOS commands...

    Good luck on your test...

    Petek

+ Reply to Thread