Cant get to certain web sites - Network

This is a discussion on Cant get to certain web sites - Network ; I am trying to get to certain web sites and I cant. (they are not offensive sites at all, one infact is a restaurant in SF, www.novabar.com ). I tried to ping the sites, and the request times out. When ...

  1. Cant get to certain web sites

    I am trying to get to certain web sites and I cant. (they are not
    offensive sites at all, one infact is a restaurant in SF,
    www.novabar.com).
    I tried to ping the sites, and the request times out. When I run a
    trace route (tracert), I see that the request leaves my firewall, and
    then goes into the qwest site, which we are connected to and then
    traverses to verio or wiltel network and then it dies there.
    (Sometimes verio, others wiltel)
    I contacted verio and they ran some traces, but couldn't find
    anything. Infact the sites can be pinged from the qwest looking glass.
    Is there any explanation for this? Is there a way to block pinging the
    site and has anyone heard that it would die within the ISP?
    This problem started happening last week, and no one on our network
    can understand this issue.

    Thanks,
    Edmond M.

  2. Re: Cant get to certain web sites

    I can ping the web.
    edmond_melkomian@yahoo.com (edmondme) wrote in message news:<90d66e0c.0403021517.60fb0e1@posting.google.com>...
    > I am trying to get to certain web sites and I cant. (they are not
    > offensive sites at all, one infact is a restaurant in SF,
    > www.novabar.com).
    > I tried to ping the sites, and the request times out. When I run a
    > trace route (tracert), I see that the request leaves my firewall, and
    > then goes into the qwest site, which we are connected to and then
    > traverses to verio or wiltel network and then it dies there.
    > (Sometimes verio, others wiltel)
    > I contacted verio and they ran some traces, but couldn't find
    > anything. Infact the sites can be pinged from the qwest looking glass.
    > Is there any explanation for this? Is there a way to block pinging the
    > site and has anyone heard that it would die within the ISP?
    > This problem started happening last week, and no one on our network
    > can understand this issue.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Edmond M.

+ Reply to Thread