hook up a server - Network

This is a discussion on hook up a server - Network ; I would like to hook up a server at my home and be able to have access to it over the internet and on my network at home. i have a wireless network at home with high speed access to ...

  1. hook up a server

    I would like to hook up a server at my home and be able to have access
    to it over the internet and on my network at home. i have a wireless
    network at home with high speed access to the internet that is always
    on. I do not turn my comp off it is on all the time.
    Will this be a large task and will I be able to use a download from
    the net from linx for the software. I will be using a stand along comp
    with a 40-80 gig hard drive.
    any help will be very much appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Scott W

  2. Re: hook up a server

    if you arn't behind a router/gateway it will be very easy to do this.

    go here to find the remote software you're looking for http://www.tightvnc.com

    best of all, its freeware.

+ Reply to Thread