belkin 4 port cable/dls router - Network

This is a discussion on belkin 4 port cable/dls router - Network ; I have installed a Belkin 4 port router and all the computers are communicating with each other and to the Internet. I would like to know how I can tell if the built in firewall is working? Thanks Tom...

  1. belkin 4 port cable/dls router

    I have installed a Belkin 4 port router and all the computers are
    communicating with each other and to the Internet. I would like to know how
    I can tell if the built in firewall is working?
    Thanks Tom

  2. Re: belkin 4 port cable/dls router

    And it is on an Athelon with XP Pro installed,,,thanks Tom

    "tcoop" wrote in message
    news:hil0c.12832$0l1.11142@bignews3.bellsouth.net. ..
    > I have installed a Belkin 4 port router and all the computers are
    > communicating with each other and to the Internet. I would like to know

    how
    > I can tell if the built in firewall is working?
    > Thanks Tom

  3. Re: belkin 4 port cable/dls router

    I noticed that tcoop wrote:

    > I have installed a Belkin 4 port router and all the computers are
    > communicating with each other and to the Internet. I would like to know
    > how I can tell if the built in firewall is working?
    > Thanks Tom

    Give it the Sheilds Up check at www.grc.com - if the ports are reported
    stealth then you are home & dry

    Charlie.

    --
    charlie at peartreegreen dot org

  4. Re: belkin 4 port cable/dls router

    > > I can tell if the built in firewall is working?

    Go to: http://grc.com/default.htm and click on "ShieldsUp!"

    Chuck

+ Reply to Thread