Our company spans five US States. There are 30,000 employees. We use a WAN
with smaller LANs in the larger offices. We use MSOutlook exclusively.
WinXP professional. All managed from a the head office.

The question: If I wanted to find an email that was written between
employees a year ago, or even six months ago, would it be possible?
Assuming the employees regularly delete their emails.... though not every
day. What kind of a back up and recovery system would they use? I tried to
find an email I had recently written... and deleted from my sent mails...
and the IT guys said it was near impossible to find. However, managers
doing investigations on employees seem to be able to find emails they need.
Can someone explain the process?