Problem with Cisco Router - Network

This is a discussion on Problem with Cisco Router - Network ; I have a problem with a cisco router 2509. This is whats wrong: basically I had accidentally erased my cisco ios. After I did this, I then got a 12.0 ios. I loaded this on the router only to realize ...

  1. Problem with Cisco Router

    I have a problem with a cisco router 2509. This is whats wrong:
    basically I had accidentally erased my cisco ios. After I did this, I
    then got a 12.0 ios. I loaded this on the router only to realize that
    the ios was too large (bad on my part). Now the router keeps rebooting
    and it will not stop for anything. I have tried everything, I've used
    the break sequence to boot into rom's limited ios. Nothing is working.
    I am a student and would like to start using this router for
    practicing. Any help will be much appreciated.

  2. Re: Problem with Cisco Router

    In article ,
    dtcohen@si.rr.com says...
    > I have a problem with a cisco router 2509. This is whats wrong:
    > basically I had accidentally erased my cisco ios. After I did this, I
    > then got a 12.0 ios. I loaded this on the router only to realize that
    > the ios was too large (bad on my part). Now the router keeps rebooting
    > and it will not stop for anything. I have tried everything, I've used
    > the break sequence to boot into rom's limited ios. Nothing is working.
    > I am a student and would like to start using this router for
    > practicing. Any help will be much appreciated.

    I dont have a step by step list in front of me, however the following
    link has most if not all the steps you need to break the boot sequence
    of the router and then load an IOS image from a TFTP server.

    http://www.cromwell-intl.com/tcpip/cisco.html

    You'll have to find a compressed IOS release or use an older IOS image
    if you dont want to upgrade your routers memory.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...8476&category=
    28033

    Cisco flash memory is not too expensive if you get it off of ebay. I
    think 8MB is enough, however you may need 12-16MB for IOS 12.

+ Reply to Thread