Router gets very hot??? - Network

This is a discussion on Router gets very hot??? - Network ; I have a Linksys WRT54G router. It gets very, very hot. Is this normal or should I return it? Thank you....

  1. Router gets very hot???

    I have a Linksys WRT54G router. It gets very, very hot. Is this
    normal or should I return it?

    Thank you.

  2. Re: Router gets very hot???

    In article <6850c276.0402261620.3fe02c3d@posting.google.com>,
    bellymiller@hotmail.com says...
    > I have a Linksys WRT54G router. It gets very, very hot. Is this
    > normal or should I return it?
    >

    > Thank you.

    Not normal, and those have no colling fan to fail. So I'd return it.

  3. Re: Router gets very hot???

    Thank you for your reply. The annoying thing is that this is my second
    router with the same problem. I exchanged the first one at buy.com for
    another one. But this one has the same problem. Now that I just checked,
    my modem, a Linksys BEFCMU10 is very hot - I have the router off right now.
    It's too late to return though.

    I am starting to suspect that in the future I should not purchase stuff
    online. Is it possible that manufacturers dump defective stuff for sale on
    the internet at a discount? Would I better off paying more at Best Buy for
    the same product?

    Thanks again.

    "Kujako" wrote in message
    news:MPG.1aa91efa78833d8c989681@news.usenetserver. com...
    > In article <6850c276.0402261620.3fe02c3d@posting.google.com>,
    > bellymiller@hotmail.com says...
    > > I have a Linksys WRT54G router. It gets very, very hot. Is this
    > > normal or should I return it?
    > >

    > > Thank you.
    > >

    > Not normal, and those have no colling fan to fail. So I'd return it.

  4. Re: Router gets very hot???

    In article , bellymiller@hotmail.com
    says...
    > Thank you for your reply. The annoying thing is that this is my second
    > router with the same problem. I exchanged the first one at buy.com for
    > another one. But this one has the same problem. Now that I just checked,
    > my modem, a Linksys BEFCMU10 is very hot - I have the router off right now.
    > It's too late to return though.
    >
    > I am starting to suspect that in the future I should not purchase stuff
    > online. Is it possible that manufacturers dump defective stuff for sale on

    If your having that much trouble, you may also want to check that you
    are realy getting 110VAC from your outlet. Also, check that you are
    getting the right VDC from the power adaptors.

    > the internet at a discount? Would I better off paying more at Best Buy for
    > the same product?
    >
    > Thanks again.
    >
    > "Kujako" wrote in message
    > news:MPG.1aa91efa78833d8c989681@news.usenetserver. com...
    > > In article <6850c276.0402261620.3fe02c3d@posting.google.com>,
    > > bellymiller@hotmail.com says...
    > > > I have a Linksys WRT54G router. It gets very, very hot. Is this
    > > > normal or should I return it?
    > > >

    > > > Thank you.
    > > >

    > > Not normal, and those have no colling fan to fail. So I'd return it.

  5. Re: Router gets very hot???

    "Kujako" wrote in message
    > If your having that much trouble, you may also want to check that you
    > are realy getting 110VAC from your outlet. Also, check that you are
    > getting the right VDC from the power adaptors.

    Do you know how I can go about checking the voltage from the outlets and
    from the power adaptors?

    Thanks!

  6. Re: Router gets very hot???

    "blug" wrote in message

    > "Kujako" wrote in message
    > > If your having that much trouble, you may also want to check that you
    > > are realy getting 110VAC from your outlet. Also, check that you are
    > > getting the right VDC from the power adaptors.

    > Do you know how I can go about checking the voltage from the outlets and
    > from the power adaptors?

    SAFETY WARNING.
    It may seem as if I am being rude but that is not intended.
    The simple point is that if you need to ask that question then you shouldn't
    try - ask somebody who is competent to do it for you.

    Chris

  7. Re: Router gets very hot???

    On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 17:22:08 -0800, "blug"
    wrote:

    >Do you know how I can go about checking the voltage from the outlets and
    >from the power adaptors?
    >
    >Thanks!

    Ask the kid at Radio Shack. You need a voltage meter.
    Butterfield

  8. Re: Router gets very hot???

    "Chris Watts" wrote in message
    > SAFETY WARNING.
    > It may seem as if I am being rude but that is not intended.
    > The simple point is that if you need to ask that question then you

    shouldn't
    > try - ask somebody who is competent to do it for you.
    >
    > Chris

    No offense taken! My question was intended to be kind of general, not
    specifically that I wanted to check the voltage by myself. I can see how
    that could be dangerous.

  9. Re: Router gets very hot???

    "Butterfield" wrote in message
    > On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 17:22:08 -0800, "blug"
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Do you know how I can go about checking the voltage from the outlets and
    > >from the power adaptors?
    > >
    > >Thanks!

    > Ask the kid at Radio Shack. You need a voltage meter.
    > Butterfield

    Thanks, I will go there and inquire. I'm curious to see if I'm currently
    frying all my computer equipment.

+ Reply to Thread