Cannot create new Dial-Up Connection - Network

This is a discussion on Cannot create new Dial-Up Connection - Network ; I have a computer here with Windows XP home. My modem's drivers are installed and up-to-date, but if I try to create a dialup network by clicking "create new connection" from within the network connections folder, "Dial-up" and "PPPoE" are ...

  1. Cannot create new Dial-Up Connection

    I have a computer here with Windows XP home. My modem's drivers are
    installed and up-to-date, but if I try to create a dialup network by
    clicking "create new connection" from within the network connections
    folder, "Dial-up" and "PPPoE" are greyed out. If I right click the
    modem from the device manager and click properties, then diagnostics,
    and then query modem, everything is fine. How do I reenable these
    other options?

  2. Re: Cannot create new Dial-Up Connection

    Just a guess here but it's likely that when attempting this you're logged on
    as a user, not as an administrator.

    If you're practising "safe computing" this is a good thing. :- )

    If you're trying to change settings it's a safe bet that you need to be
    looged on as administrator.
    After changing them you can logout and the settings apply to all users.

    Just a guess.

    "DarkDragon" wrote in message
    news:8ad78e10.0402251015.4a7e139@posting.google.co m...
    > I have a computer here with Windows XP home. My modem's drivers are
    > installed and up-to-date, but if I try to create a dialup network by
    > clicking "create new connection" from within the network connections
    > folder, "Dial-up" and "PPPoE" are greyed out. If I right click the
    > modem from the device manager and click properties, then diagnostics,
    > and then query modem, everything is fine. How do I reenable these
    > other options?

+ Reply to Thread