FTP problem - Network

This is a discussion on FTP problem - Network ; I'm using XP pro SP1 and I have FTP set up in IIS. When I FTP in from another computer, I can connect, but can't download. I can upload, even! But when I try to download, it says access denied. ...

  1. FTP problem

    I'm using XP pro SP1 and I have FTP set up in IIS. When I FTP in from
    another computer, I can connect, but can't download. I can upload,
    even! But when I try to download, it says access denied. The only
    way I can download is to make the account I'm logging into an
    Administrator account. I've tried messing with the permissions in
    every way imaginable, but it's defying logic. I can give an account
    FULL control over the ftproot directory and it will still be able to
    upload only... no download.

    I know it's not a routing problem because I have the same problem even
    if I open a command prompt and FTP to 'localhost' and try. What's
    going on? I'm sure there's a way I can FTP to my machine without
    logging in as an admin, right?

  2. Re: FTP problem

    Is the ftp server configured to logon as internet user , or another account?
    Does the ftp root then have iuser priviliges set?

    "Crapulax" wrote in message
    > I'm using XP pro SP1 and I have FTP set up in IIS. When I FTP in from
    > another computer, I can connect, but can't download. I can upload,
    > even! But when I try to download, it says access denied. The only
    > way I can download is to make the account I'm logging into an
    > Administrator account. I've tried messing with the permissions in
    > every way imaginable, but it's defying logic. I can give an account
    > FULL control over the ftproot directory and it will still be able to
    > upload only... no download.
    >
    > I know it's not a routing problem because I have the same problem even
    > if I open a command prompt and FTP to 'localhost' and try. What's
    > going on? I'm sure there's a way I can FTP to my machine without
    > logging in as an admin, right?

+ Reply to Thread