adding a laptop to home a home network - Network

This is a discussion on adding a laptop to home a home network - Network ; Hi I have xp home network set up with a linksys befvp41 router/switch. I have been given and old pII laptop running win98 and I have registered the laptop on the router. But try as I might I cannot map ...

  1. adding a laptop to home a home network

    Hi
    I have xp home network set up with a linksys befvp41 router/switch. I
    have been given and old pII laptop running win98 and I have registered
    the laptop on the router. But try as I might I cannot map to either of
    the 2 existing PCs. I can access the internet ok with the laptop
    through the router.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction so I can sort myself out.

    Many thanks

    Ricky

  2. Re: adding a laptop to home a home network

    Do you have a firewall enabled on the XP computers? Also, have you
    made sure that all computers are members of the same workgroup?

    jjaggii@hotmail.com (ricky) wrote in message news:<17ca6f8.0402220333.122b5a4c@posting.google.com>...
    > Hi
    > I have xp home network set up with a linksys befvp41 router/switch. I
    > have been given and old pII laptop running win98 and I have registered
    > the laptop on the router. But try as I might I cannot map to either of
    > the 2 existing PCs. I can access the internet ok with the laptop
    > through the router.
    > Can anyone point me in the right direction so I can sort myself out.
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Ricky

+ Reply to Thread