PASSWORD PROTECT NETWORK SHARE - Network

This is a discussion on PASSWORD PROTECT NETWORK SHARE - Network ; I have a client who has a peer to peer network, and I am moving all their data to a central Windows 2000 Professional machine. We want to be able to put passwords on the network shared folders. Is there ...

  1. PASSWORD PROTECT NETWORK SHARE

    I have a client who has a peer to peer network, and I am moving all their
    data to a central Windows 2000 Professional machine. We want to be able to
    put passwords on the network shared folders. Is there a way or a good
    utility to accomplish this?

    Ken

  2. Re: PASSWORD PROTECT NETWORK SHARE

    Yes there is a way that you can assign passwords to them over the
    network. All you had to do is make usernames and passwords for those
    certain folders. set the rights to them and that should take care of
    that.

    "Kenneth J Dalenberg" wrote in message news:...
    > I have a client who has a peer to peer network, and I am moving all their
    > data to a central Windows 2000 Professional machine. We want to be able to
    > put passwords on the network shared folders. Is there a way or a good
    > utility to accomplish this?
    >
    > Ken

+ Reply to Thread