exchange server - Network

This is a discussion on exchange server - Network ; Problem: I have just installed exchange 2000 on a w2k domain controller (the second DC in the network) and after the installation it seems as though exchange wasn't fully installed. When creating users, I can not give them an e-mail ...

  1. exchange server

    Problem:

    I have just installed exchange 2000 on a w2k domain controller (the
    second DC in the network) and after the installation it seems as
    though exchange wasn't fully installed. When creating users, I can
    not give them an e-mail account, the mailbox store field is blank and
    the aren't any choices when the field is expanded. Also, there isn't
    an MDB Data directory!! Obviosly something is wrong and I believe I
    have to reinstall, I just don't want the same thing t happen
    again(working on a limited time frame. Any suggestions or ideas would
    be very much appreciated. Also, let me know if there is more
    information i need to provide to help reach a conclusion as to what is
    going on.

    Thanx in advance
    Leo

  2. Re: exchange server

    dewain73@yahoo.com (Leo) wrote in message news:...
    > Problem:
    >
    > I have just installed exchange 2000 on a w2k domain controller (the
    > second DC in the network) and after the installation it seems as
    > though exchange wasn't fully installed. When creating users, I can
    > not give them an e-mail account, the mailbox store field is blank and
    > the aren't any choices when the field is expanded. Also, there isn't
    > an MDB Data directory!! Obviosly something is wrong and I believe I
    > have to reinstall, I just don't want the same thing t happen
    > again(working on a limited time frame. Any suggestions or ideas would
    > be very much appreciated. Also, let me know if there is more
    > information i need to provide to help reach a conclusion as to what is
    > going on.
    >

    > Thanx in advance
    > Leo

    Hi Leo,

    I wouldn't install Exchange on a domain controller. If possible,
    reinstall it on a different server other than DC.

    Petek Utku

+ Reply to Thread