Getting started with DHCP on Linux - Network

This is a discussion on Getting started with DHCP on Linux - Network ; I am just starting up a DHCP server on RedHat 9.0. I had been using my Linksys router for dhcp services and that was fine. Now I want to add a few more features like assigning a static IP. I ...

  1. Getting started with DHCP on Linux

    I am just starting up a DHCP server on RedHat 9.0. I had been using
    my Linksys router for dhcp services and that was fine. Now I want to
    add a few more features like assigning a static IP.

    I have read the various man pages and they describe "lots" of
    features, but I would like to start simple and add.

    Does anyone have a simple starting point for the dhcpd.conf file that
    would have one simple range of addresses that would get met started?

  2. Re: Getting started with DHCP on Linux

    jhenges@aircommfg.com (John Hengesbach) wrote in
    news:4008c078.0402160657.2b90b5f4@posting.google.c om:

    > I am just starting up a DHCP server on RedHat 9.0. I had been using
    > my Linksys router for dhcp services and that was fine. Now I want to
    > add a few more features like assigning a static IP.
    >
    > I have read the various man pages and they describe "lots" of
    > features, but I would like to start simple and add.
    >
    > Does anyone have a simple starting point for the dhcpd.conf file that
    > would have one simple range of addresses that would get met started?

    a little google shows
    http://www.net.berkeley.edu/cns/serv...pd.conf.sample.
    html

    but - isn't there a sample file installed? try "updatedb" followed by
    "locate dhcpd.conf"

+ Reply to Thread