Collision Count of a switch - Network

This is a discussion on Collision Count of a switch - Network ; I want to know why can't we find the collision count of a switch when we can find the collision count of a hub. And also I want to know why adding a switch will improve the performance of the ...

  1. Collision Count of a switch

    I want to know why can't we find the collision count of a switch when
    we can find the collision count of a hub. And also I want to know why
    adding a switch will improve the performance of the network than a
    hub.

  2. Re: Collision Count of a switch

    On 12 Feb 2004 19:35:37 -0800, rkulkarn@spsu.edu (Ramesh Kulkarni)
    wrote:

    >I want to know why
    >adding a switch will improve the performance of the network than a
    >hub.

    All the nodes connected to a hub share the bandwidth among themselves,
    while a device connected to a switch port has the full bandwidth all
    to itself. We replaced hubs with switches in our installation and the
    difference was quite noticeable.

    http://www.howstuffworks.com/lan-switch.htm/printable

    Gotta go...
    Butterfield