T1 Connection - Network

This is a discussion on T1 Connection - Network ; My organization has 20+ T1 connections to branch offices. Almost all of these T1s are ESF framing mode with B8ZS encoding. One T1 is D4 framing and AMI encoding. When configuring AMI, my Lucent Pipeline 130 allows only 1-6 DS0 ...

  1. T1 Connection

    My organization has 20+ T1 connections to branch offices.

    Almost all of these T1s are ESF framing mode with B8ZS encoding.

    One T1 is D4 framing and AMI encoding. When configuring AMI, my
    Lucent Pipeline 130 allows only 1-6 DS0 channels rather than 1-24.

    Is this correct?

  2. Re: T1 Connection

    emma_goode1@yahoo.com (Emma Goode) wrote in message news:...
    > My organization has 20+ T1 connections to branch offices.
    >
    > Almost all of these T1s are ESF framing mode with B8ZS encoding.
    >
    > One T1 is D4 framing and AMI encoding. When configuring AMI, my
    > Lucent Pipeline 130 allows only 1-6 DS0 channels rather than 1-24.
    >
    > Is this correct?

    I was unable to find the documentation for the router online, but if
    you cannot configure beyond 6 DS0's, it is a function, or rather
    limitation, of the router. There no inherent restrictions to the # of
    channels with AMI encoding with a T-1. Off the cuff, I can think of no
    practical reason for such a limitation, but the documentation may
    clear that up. I'd be curious as to why your organization is running
    AMI vs ESF/B8ZS, unless traffic to the branch office is strictly
    voice. ESF/B8ZS knocks out some of the signalling bits for call setup
    and tear-down, but not enough to affect call processing to a switch or
    PBX.

+ Reply to Thread