Centralised Management's Effects On Peer-To-Peer Networks And Domains - Network

This is a discussion on Centralised Management's Effects On Peer-To-Peer Networks And Domains - Network ; Can someone explain to me as clearly as possible and with as much information as possible the relative merits of peer-to-peer networks and domains including their effect on centralised management? Any help will be appreciated, Thanks, Mike....

  1. Centralised Management's Effects On Peer-To-Peer Networks And Domains

    Can someone explain to me as clearly as possible and with as much
    information as possible the relative merits of peer-to-peer networks
    and domains including their effect on centralised management?

    Any help will be appreciated,

    Thanks,
    Mike.

  2. Re: Centralised Management's Effects On Peer-To-Peer Networks And Domains

    ebo_Y2k2@hotmail.com (Mike Evans) wrote in message news:...
    > Can someone explain to me as clearly as possible and with as much
    > information as possible the relative merits of peer-to-peer networks
    > and domains including their effect on centralised management?
    >
    > Any help will be appreciated,
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Mike.

    In a nutshell, Mike, peer-peer networks are ideal for small (12 or
    fewer PC's) networks and Domains are optimized for more complex many
    user networks. Domains are optimal for centralized management in that
    most administration (software) can be done from any computer on the
    domain by users with sufficient rights by simply logging into the ADS.
    In a peer-peer network, administration is usually done at each
    computer in the network (ie. adding a new user to a peer-peer; the
    user account must be manually added to each pc on the network, with a
    domain only one user account is added to the ADS and the user can log
    into the domain from any pc that policy allows.) I hope this small
    piece of information is useful. (This is of course assuming the use of
    windows pc's and/or W2k/2003 server ADS domains.)

    Leo

  3. Re: Centralised Management's Effects On Peer-To-Peer Networks And Domains

    thanks for the info Leo.

+ Reply to Thread