Windows 2000 Professional Ghosting problem - Network

This is a discussion on Windows 2000 Professional Ghosting problem - Network ; Hi, We have a network with around 200 machines to be loaded with Windows 2000 prof. we normally follow ghosting using Symantec ghost 8 (from a P4 machine). Before taking the image we remove the "PCI Bus" from the devices ...

  1. Windows 2000 Professional Ghosting problem

    Hi,

    We have a network with around 200 machines to be loaded with Windows
    2000 prof. we normally follow ghosting using Symantec ghost 8 (from a
    P4 machine). Before taking the image we remove the "PCI Bus" from the
    devices list to allow windows to recognize the proper drivers when
    loaded on another machine. But when we loaded the same image to a
    machine with a different processor (P III), it fails to load the
    operating system.

    Any idea how we can make the cloning process working for machines with
    different processors?

    Thanks in advance..

    Praveen PM

  2. Re: Windows 2000 Professional Ghosting problem

    hi,
    coz when os try to load and as u make ur ghost from other processor,
    so thats why os do not understnad ur other processor, may be its coz
    of that, but try to use some other ghost version.
    regard
    Waseem

+ Reply to Thread