Access to files/Security - Network

This is a discussion on Access to files/Security - Network ; I have DSL both at home and at work. At work, my main machine is a Mac. D-link router / firewall at work. At home, main machine runs XP. I want to get access to my office files from home. ...

  1. Access to files/Security

    I have DSL both at home and at work. At work, my main machine is a
    Mac. D-link router / firewall at work. At home, main machine runs
    XP. I want to get access to my office files from home. Security is
    very important. What would you recommend and how much would it cost?

  2. Re: Access to files/Security

    Hey
    About the best thing that you can do for that would have to be to set
    up a Virtual Private Network (VPN) this way you can dial up to your
    work computer and have access to it and also set some encryption on it
    to keep it secure.

    > I have DSL both at home and at work. At work, my main machine is a
    > Mac. D-link router / firewall at work. At home, main machine runs
    > XP. I want to get access to my office files from home. Security is
    > very important. What would you recommend and how much would it cost?

+ Reply to Thread