How to have backup website ready - Network

This is a discussion on How to have backup website ready - Network ; Is it possible to have a website recovery with a second ISP? For example if my website "test1.com" is running from building "A1" with "ISPAAA"; can I have a backup website "test1.com" running in building "B2" which automatically will take ...

  1. How to have backup website ready

    Is it possible to have a website recovery with a second ISP?
    For example if my website "test1.com" is running from building "A1"
    with "ISPAAA"; can I have a backup website "test1.com" running in
    building "B2" which automatically will take traffic if building "A1"
    disappears?
    TIA,Ned

  2. Re: How to have backup website ready

    "Ned Trilby" wrote in message
    news:4498b45c.0402090831.3d039ca0@posting.google.c om...
    > Is it possible to have a website recovery with a second ISP?
    > For example if my website "test1.com" is running from building "A1"
    > with "ISPAAA"; can I have a backup website "test1.com" running in
    > building "B2" which automatically will take traffic if building "A1"
    > disappears?
    > TIA,Ned

    Look at what I have done on www.watts-bros.co.uk
    Chris

  3. Re: How to have backup website ready

    Chris,
    Looks interesting - can you explain the setup; IP addressing; DNS & ISP etc ???

    Thanks, Ned

    "Chris Watts" wrote in message news:...
    > "Ned Trilby" wrote in message
    > news:4498b45c.0402090831.3d039ca0@posting.google.c om...
    > > Is it possible to have a website recovery with a second ISP?
    > > For example if my website "test1.com" is running from building "A1"
    > > with "ISPAAA"; can I have a backup website "test1.com" running in
    > > building "B2" which automatically will take traffic if building "A1"
    > > disappears?
    > > TIA,Ned

    > Look at what I have done on www.watts-bros.co.uk
    > Chris

  4. Re: How to have backup website ready

    Ned:
    Just write click and select View Source to see how it is achieved.
    It is independent of all external factors such as those that you name.
    All you need to do is alter the code so that it can determine which of your
    two selected host is being used. I happen to use ukgateway and tesco but
    that is not relevant.

    Chris

    news:4498b45c.0402100155.50eccc67@posting.google.c om...

    > > "Ned Trilby" wrote in message
    > > news:4498b45c.0402090831.3d039ca0@posting.google.c om...
    > > > Is it possible to have a website recovery with a second ISP?
    > > > For example if my website "test1.com" is running from building "A1"
    > > > with "ISPAAA"; can I have a backup website "test1.com" running in
    > > > building "B2" which automatically will take traffic if building "A1"
    > > > disappears?
    > > > TIA,Ned

    > > Look at what I have done on www.watts-bros.co.uk
    > > Chris