Some networking questions I can't work out... - Network

This is a discussion on Some networking questions I can't work out... - Network ; Hi there I am doing my CCNA and my MCSE finally after saving for ages, anyway, I have the CCNA toolkit with the questions but not the answers for that I have to buy the full toolkit, and money being ...

  1. Some networking questions I can't work out...

    Hi there I am doing my CCNA and my MCSE finally after saving for ages,
    anyway, I have the CCNA

    toolkit with the questions but not the answers for that I have to buy
    the full toolkit, and money

    being tight, I can't really afford to so I as wondering if you guys
    can help.

    The following questions I haven't managed to work out:

    a)In relation to IEEE802.3 Ethernet media topologies:

    i Explain the ‘5:4:3 Rule'.
    ii. What is meant by the term ‘Extended Star' ?
    iii. Explain how the 5:4:3 rule is applied in an extended star
    network. Clearly show how the rule

    limits the topology of an extended star network.

    b)Explain what is meant by the terms vulnerable time and collision
    window. Calculate the vulnerable

    time and collision window for the following networks based upon
    knowledge of their cable length

    specifications:

    i. 10Base2
    ii. 10BaseT
    iii. 100BaseT

    In each case determine the slot time specified within the IEE802.2
    standards and compare with the

    collision window calculated above. Discuss the reason/s why your
    answers differ from those specified.

    c)Describe carrier extension used in Gigabit Ethernet and explain why
    it is necessary.

    Now I just don't know how to even answer those hard questions PLUS,
    how technical do I have to go in

    oder to get the markrs I need.

    Thanks very much.

  2. Re: Some networking questions I can't work out...

    The 5 4 3 real was a theory in the early evolution of Ethernet. It's
    really an old rule that isn't used because of advances in hardware.

    HOWEVER, If your studying to be a CCNA or what ever certification I
    would suggest you do your RESEARCH and LEARN yourself. If you search
    hard enough not only will you LEARN what the 5 4 3 rule is but WHY it
    was in place.

    Secondly if I may... Please do NOT do it for the sake of a "PASSING
    GRADE" then you are not the kind of person I would hire to work for
    me. You should WANT to learn and have the DESIRE and PASSION to NEED
    TO KNOW FOR YOUR SELF the Whys, Hows, and IFS in networking. To many
    people in this field. People who go certification crazy just for the
    BASIS of getting all the CERTS don't succeed. Tis why all the jobs
    are being shipped to INDIA, CANADA, and all those other countries.

+ Reply to Thread