Internet performance testing - Network

This is a discussion on Internet performance testing - Network ; Greetings, I'm conducting a world scale internet performance testing project. the project goal is to measure different performance parameters (packet loss, latency, throughput and "first-mile" availability) over both time and different geographic locations. I'm looking for candidates willing to help ...

  1. Internet performance testing

    Greetings,

    I'm conducting a world scale internet performance testing project.

    the project goal is to measure different performance parameters
    (packet loss, latency, throughput and "first-mile" availability) over
    both time and different geographic locations.

    I'm looking for candidates willing to help and install a small
    non-intrusive client to be part of the project.

    Preferebly, I'm looking for non academic sites (which normally have
    better internet connecivity) and currently focus on business
    enterprises.

    the client is a windows based program running on the system tray and
    consume very little cpu (wake up every few minutes and send a few
    packets)

    in exchange, the project will send weekly or monthly (up to you)
    reports describing the internet performance as viewed by your
    locations in addition to global scale internet perforamnce.

    for more information and detailed paper on the project, fill free to
    contact me at yoram_mizrachi@hotmail.com

    thanks,

  2. Re: Internet performance testing

    Intrusive or not installing such a program would be against Security
    Policies in place by a Business or School.

    Secondly you are not a trusted source.

    I think anyone risking to partake in this project would be foolish.

  3. Re: Internet performance testing

    On 8 Feb 2004 01:29:50 -0800, yoram_mizrachi@hotmail.com (Yoram
    Mizrachi) wrote:

    >(wake up every few minutes and send a few
    >packets)

    aka spyware
    Gotta go...
    Butterfield