Laptop accress from home - Network

This is a discussion on Laptop accress from home - Network ; Hey, My customer is running a database with client access from several workstations in house. It is a simple workgroup with a Netgear router to the internet. How can she get in using her DSL from home? Can I somehow ...

  1. Laptop accress from home

    Hey,
    My customer is running a database with client access from several
    workstations in house. It is a simple workgroup with a Netgear router
    to the internet. How can she get in using her DSL from home? Can I
    somehow open a port to allow her NIC/MAC address in or how??
    Thanks.
    Gotta go...,
    Butterfield

  2. Re: Laptop accress from home

    If SIMPLE is all you've got to work with, GoToMyPC or PC ANYWHERE.

  3. Re: Laptop accress from home

    On 6 Feb 2004 14:14:10 -0800, SekureSupport@aol.com (Mauricio
    Fernandez MCSE, CCNA) wrote:

    >PC ANYWHERE

    Seems mote to my liking Mauricio. Can I get through a DSL modem, over
    the internet, through a cable modem and a router into my workgroup
    with it? How does it authenticate? Thanks.

    Gotta go...,
    Butterfield

  4. Re: Laptop accress from home

    Can you get through a DSL Modem Sure, You have to make sure you
    configure your router to let your MACHINE handle requests from the
    Internet by Putting it on the DMZ or just do PORT FORWARDING on the
    router.

    How do you authenticate. Where ONE would be the HOST and the OTHER
    would be the REMOTE SESSION. You would have to set this up on both
    sides.

  5. Re: Laptop accress from home

    On 7 Feb 2004 06:31:19 -0800, SekureSupport@aol.com (Mauricio
    Fernandez MCSE, CCNA) wrote:

    >Can you get through a DSL Modem Sure, You have to make sure you
    >configure your router to let your MACHINE handle requests from the
    >Internet by Putting it on the DMZ or just do PORT FORWARDING on the
    >router.
    >
    >How do you authenticate. Where ONE would be the HOST and the OTHER
    >would be the REMOTE SESSION. You would have to set this up on both
    >sides.

    I think I'll swap out the simple router for a Linksys VPN router and
    use PCAnywhere from a mapped port to her desktop. I believe
    PCAnywhere has authentication built in? Does this mean that this port
    is open to anybody with PCAnywhere being the only authentication at
    the desktop? I have no logins anywhere in house.
    Gotta go...,
    Butterfield

+ Reply to Thread