Learning materials - Network

This is a discussion on Learning materials - Network ; Friends- I am trying to learn as much as I can about networking, especially TCP/IP, VoIP, practical stuff like DNS severs, subnetting, and networking under MS Windows and Linux, etc, etc. The material I have SUCKS and is full of ...

  1. Learning materials

    Friends-

    I am trying to learn as much as I can about networking, especially
    TCP/IP, VoIP, practical stuff like DNS severs, subnetting, and
    networking under MS Windows and Linux, etc, etc. The material I have
    SUCKS and is full of contradictions and misleading language. Any
    suggestions. I'm willing to pay for good textbooks that explain the
    jargon in plain English. I have a technical background.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Learning materials

    If you really want to read an EXCELLENT book on TCP/IP and then some,
    I recommend my PERSONAL FAVORITE. The book? "Trouble Shooting Campus
    Networks" It begings almost like all networking books do with a
    PRIMER on the OSI MODEL.

    It covers TCP/IP, Protocol Analysis, Cisco and all that good stuff.

    The Author Joe is a GOD in the field. He currently works at
    Wildpackets and help design EtherpeekNX umong all the other software
    products they develop.

    The Co-Authoer come to think about it, I think it's the other way
    around is Precsilla who currently works for Cisco is very very
    knowledgable, and you can pick her brain if you like.

    If you do decide to read that book I hope you enjoy it as much as I
    did.

    -Mo

  3. Re: Learning materials

    A big thank you.
    Bob

    "Mauricio Fernandez MCSE, CCNA" wrote:

    > If you really want to read an EXCELLENT book on TCP/IP and then some,
    > I recommend my PERSONAL FAVORITE. The book? "Trouble Shooting Campus
    > Networks" It begings almost like all networking books do with a
    > PRIMER on the OSI MODEL.
    >
    > It covers TCP/IP, Protocol Analysis, Cisco and all that good stuff.
    >
    > The Author Joe is a GOD in the field. He currently works at
    > Wildpackets and help design EtherpeekNX umong all the other software
    > products they develop.
    >
    > The Co-Authoer come to think about it, I think it's the other way
    > around is Precsilla who currently works for Cisco is very very
    > knowledgable, and you can pick her brain if you like.
    >
    > If you do decide to read that book I hope you enjoy it as much as I
    > did.
    >
    > -Mo

+ Reply to Thread