virus update - Network

This is a discussion on virus update - Network ; The company I work for is seeking an efficient means of scanning employee PC's for viruses. Currently each PC is running McAfee VirusScan 4.3.20. Anytime that there is a virus definition update I am responsbile for going to each PC ...

  1. virus update

    The company I work for is seeking an efficient means of scanning
    employee PC's for viruses.

    Currently each PC is running McAfee VirusScan 4.3.20. Anytime that
    there is a virus definition update I am responsbile for going to each
    PC to update the virus due to the user's lack of ADMIN rights. This
    is very inefficient and time-consuming.

    I was wondering if there is a way to run McAfee from our server which
    would update itself and in turn push those updates to all the other
    PC's. If anybody has any ideas or more information on how this can be
    done, I would greatly appreciate it.

    Thank You

  2. Re: virus update

    Get yourself even an EONS old 7.6 Symantec Server Enterprise software.
    It does ALL THE WORK FOR YOU. Finds them and Quarintees them.

    GO FOR IT.

  3. Re: virus update

    Don't know about McAffe. I use Sophos Enterprise Edition. Autoupdates
    every day to the server, and then from there to the net workstations. You
    can install or upgrade a machine from the server. Has a great report
    facility. Also comes with a mail monitor for spam and virus. Excellent.
    http://www.sophos.com

    "jblaze" wrote in message
    news:c2a3c17.0402041221.5285001d@posting.google.co m...
    > The company I work for is seeking an efficient means of scanning
    > employee PC's for viruses.
    >
    > Currently each PC is running McAfee VirusScan 4.3.20. Anytime that
    > there is a virus definition update I am responsbile for going to each
    > PC to update the virus due to the user's lack of ADMIN rights. This
    > is very inefficient and time-consuming.
    >
    > I was wondering if there is a way to run McAfee from our server which
    > would update itself and in turn push those updates to all the other
    > PC's. If anybody has any ideas or more information on how this can be
    > done, I would greatly appreciate it.
    >
    > Thank You

  4. Re: virus update

    Symantec Anti-Virus server products are great. Think the latest version is
    Client Security v8 Small Business Edition. Handles everything for you,
    updates automatically and passes all the updates through to workstations.
    Will save you hours and hours.

    "jblaze" wrote in message
    news:c2a3c17.0402041221.5285001d@posting.google.co m...
    > The company I work for is seeking an efficient means of scanning
    > employee PC's for viruses.
    >
    > Currently each PC is running McAfee VirusScan 4.3.20. Anytime that
    > there is a virus definition update I am responsbile for going to each
    > PC to update the virus due to the user's lack of ADMIN rights. This
    > is very inefficient and time-consuming.
    >
    > I was wondering if there is a way to run McAfee from our server which
    > would update itself and in turn push those updates to all the other
    > PC's. If anybody has any ideas or more information on how this can be
    > done, I would greatly appreciate it.
    >
    > Thank You

+ Reply to Thread