3Com OfficeConnect and DSL Router "dropping" net connection for a period. - Network

This is a discussion on 3Com OfficeConnect and DSL Router "dropping" net connection for a period. - Network ; Hi, I'm having a problem with my home network. I've just added a 3Com OfficeConnect Wireless Cable/DSL Gateway to my network. From earlier I had a Netopia DSL router with my computer connected to that (through a hub). After exchanging ...

  1. 3Com OfficeConnect and DSL Router "dropping" net connection for a period.

    Hi,

    I'm having a problem with my home network.

    I've just added a 3Com OfficeConnect Wireless Cable/DSL Gateway to my
    network.
    From earlier I had a Netopia DSL router with my computer connected to
    that (through a hub).

    After exchanging the hub for the 3Com router I'm having problems with
    all internet traffic "stopping" for a period of 20 to 90 seconds about
    every 4 or 5 minutes.

    There is a firewall in the Netopia, and in the 3Com. I've wondered if
    this might be a reason for the problem, but I haven't been able to
    figure out how to turn the firewall off in the 3Com.

    I've tried putting my PC in the DMZ zone, and also tried adding
    virtual servers for the required ports, but with the same result.

    I really don't know if turning the firewall of in the 3Com will help,
    but it's woorth a try.

    Any similar experiences / any tips on how to solve this ??

    Thanks,
    -Ming :-)

    PS!
    My PC is connected by wire, and the WLAN is currently turned of as a
    test to see if that might cause problems...

  2. Re: 3Com OfficeConnect and DSL Router "dropping" net connection for a period.

    Why don't you try running a packet analyzer (www.Ethereal.com /
    EtherpeekNX) on the machine/s that are having this problem. See what
    is happening on the wire, that might give you a better clue as to what
    transpiring...

  3. Re: 3Com OfficeConnect and DSL Router "dropping" net connection for a period.

    On 4 Feb 2004 16:24:35 -0800, SekureSupport@aol.com (Mauricio
    Fernandez MCSE, CCNA) wrote:

    >Why don't you try running a packet analyzer (www.Ethereal.com /
    >EtherpeekNX) on the machine/s that are having this problem. See what
    >is happening on the wire, that might give you a better clue as to what
    >transpiring...

    I found the solution.
    It was as easy as upgrading the firmware. Seems like there was a bug
    dropping the connection when dl'in to much data.

    Thanks anyway,
    -Ming :-)

  4. Re: 3Com OfficeConnect and DSL Router "dropping" net connection for a period.

    I am glad it worked out for you buddy.

+ Reply to Thread