udp? - Network

This is a discussion on udp? - Network ; I know what UDP is, but what does it actually do?...

  1. udp?

    I know what UDP is, but what does it actually do?

  2. Re: udp?

    It's the exact opposite of TCP basically. UDP works on a best effort
    basis, It won't guarantee you will get all the packets. TCP is slower
    because it performs CRCs and all that other over head to make sure ALL
    PACKETS that are received are exactly as they were sent.

  3. Re: udp?

    UDP doesn't send acknowledgments back. TCP does.

    "maverik_30" wrote in message
    news:6ffc35c2.0402040950.644079d0@posting.google.c om...
    > I know what UDP is, but what does it actually do?

+ Reply to Thread