EPIA mini-ITX PCMICA IRQ problem? - Network

This is a discussion on EPIA mini-ITX PCMICA IRQ problem? - Network ; Hi, I have problem with a configuration on a PC, it's a wyse winterm 3455XL. The poroblem is that my network card dosen't work, it will not start (code 10). I'm running windows (have tried 98, 2k and XP) with ...

  1. EPIA mini-ITX PCMICA IRQ problem?

    Hi,

    I have problem with a configuration on a PC, it's a wyse winterm 3455XL.
    The poroblem is that my network card dosen't work, it will not start (code
    10).

    I'm running windows (have tried 98, 2k and XP) with same error.

    The moderboard is a Via EPIA mini-ITX card.
    The bridge is a ELAN PSeries PC-Card: Twin Rear Slot Universal PCI to PCMCIA
    Adapter: P222.
    The network card is a PCMICA Proxim rangeLan2 7400 PC-card.

    Does it exist any drivers or documentation how to configure and get this
    hardware
    to run? Some bios settings that solve the problem?

    Thanks in advance.

    Greetings Fredrik.

  2. Re: EPIA mini-ITX PCMICA IRQ problem?

    On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 12:35:47 GMT, "Freddan"
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have problem with a configuration on a PC, it's a wyse winterm 3455XL.
    >The poroblem is that my network card dosen't work, it will not start (code
    >10).
    >
    >I'm running windows (have tried 98, 2k and XP) with same error.
    >
    >The moderboard is a Via EPIA mini-ITX card.
    >The bridge is a ELAN PSeries PC-Card: Twin Rear Slot Universal PCI to PCMCIA
    >Adapter: P222.
    >The network card is a PCMICA Proxim rangeLan2 7400 PC-card.
    >
    >Does it exist any drivers or documentation how to configure and get this
    >hardware
    >to run? Some bios settings that solve the problem?
    >
    >Thanks in advance.
    >
    >Greetings Fredrik.

    Did you install drivers for the Elan P222 and the Proxim card? Do both of
    them show up in device manager? There are drivers for both on the web.

    JT

  3. Re: EPIA mini-ITX PCMICA IRQ problem?

    Yes, drivers are installed for both.

    P222 shows ok in the device manager, other card work with this adapter (3Com
    etherlink III).
    Proxim card show NOT ok in the device manager (code 10).

    When changing some settings in the bios, disable som irq:s
    and so, the plug n play detect the card as a MTD-0002.
    Read about this in some postings but it was related to another
    system configuration.
    If I force driver update to proxim 7400 driver then the code 10 problem.

    Thanks.

    &Freddan

    > Did you install drivers for the Elan P222 and the Proxim card? Do both of
    > them show up in device manager? There are drivers for both on the web.

+ Reply to Thread