Can't see network shares - Network

This is a discussion on Can't see network shares - Network ; Hi I cannot seem to see any network shares using netbios names or host names but i can see shares using the IP address. any ideas? Robert...

  1. Can't see network shares

    Hi

    I cannot seem to see any network shares using netbios names or host
    names but i can see shares using the IP address.

    any ideas?

    Robert

  2. Re: Can't see network shares

    Are you doing this Locally or Remotely?

  3. Re: Can't see network shares

    If you have any layer 3 devices (e.g. routers) netbios will not get through.
    IP is a routable protocol. Netbios isn't.

    "Robert" wrote in message
    news:2e9a80e3.0402040133.5243f278@posting.google.c om...
    > Hi
    >
    > I cannot seem to see any network shares using netbios names or host
    > names but i can see shares using the IP address.
    >
    > any ideas?
    >
    > Robert

+ Reply to Thread