A question about wireless connection. - Network

This is a discussion on A question about wireless connection. - Network ; I have an ethernet network of about 5 computers destributed in 3 offices. I have a portable pc, and I want it to access the network with a wireless connection, i.e, I want to access anz computer from my portable ...

  1. A question about wireless connection.

    I have an ethernet network of about 5 computers destributed in 3
    offices.
    I have a portable pc, and I want it to access the network with a
    wireless connection, i.e, I want to access anz computer from my
    portable whereever my portable is in my company without plugging anz
    wire.

    Someone adviced me to use a bluetooth but saif that it need a
    line-of-sight connection, but I want to access the network when my
    portable is in a room where no computer there. Of course the maximum
    distance I want my portable to stay connected within is no more than
    50 meter.

    Is there any technology that achieve these requirements? What hardware
    components I should have and how/where they must be plugged?

    Thanks in advance?

  2. Re: A question about wireless connection.

    On 1 Feb 2004 13:19:33 -0800, afkar@mail2world.com (Bilal Sallakh)
    wrote:

    >I have an ethernet network of about 5 computers destributed in 3
    >offices.
    >I have a portable pc, and I want it to access the network with a
    >wireless connection, i.e, I want to access anz computer from my
    >portable whereever my portable is in my company without plugging anz
    >wire.
    >
    >Someone adviced me to use a bluetooth but saif that it need a
    >line-of-sight connection, but I want to access the network when my
    >portable is in a room where no computer there. Of course the maximum
    >distance I want my portable to stay connected within is no more than
    >50 meter.
    >
    >Is there any technology that achieve these requirements? What hardware
    >components I should have and how/where they must be plugged?
    >
    >Thanks in advance?

    http://www.howstuffworks.com/wireless-network.htm

    Taff..........

    www.sounds-pa.com | www.thecomputerworkshop.com

  3. Re: A question about wireless connection.

    this 3 officess are they in the same location
    if yes, buy cheapest wireless router and plug it in any network plug
    that's it
    if routher won't be able to cover all territory you need, you can buy more
    routhers or gate points

    coverage will strongly depend on your office walls structure, it is better
    to place wireless routher in the hallway so it will only need to cross
    one/two walls to connect to your laptop

    "Bilal Sallakh" wrote in message
    news:d5fb3df3.0402011319.32400da2@posting.google.c om...
    > I have an ethernet network of about 5 computers destributed in 3
    > offices.
    > I have a portable pc, and I want it to access the network with a
    > wireless connection, i.e, I want to access anz computer from my
    > portable whereever my portable is in my company without plugging anz
    > wire.
    >
    > Someone adviced me to use a bluetooth but saif that it need a
    > line-of-sight connection, but I want to access the network when my
    > portable is in a room where no computer there. Of course the maximum
    > distance I want my portable to stay connected within is no more than
    > 50 meter.
    >
    > Is there any technology that achieve these requirements? What hardware
    > components I should have and how/where they must be plugged?
    >
    > Thanks in advance?

+ Reply to Thread