Wireless Network - Network

This is a discussion on Wireless Network - Network ; I just bought and installed a Linsys BEFW11S4 router switch thingy and installed it. My main computer is an old but trustworthy Win ME machine. It has the cable connection so I installed the router there. My laptop is running ...

  1. Wireless Network

    I just bought and installed a Linsys BEFW11S4 router switch thingy and
    installed it.

    My main computer is an old but trustworthy Win ME machine. It has the cable
    connection so I installed the router there.

    My laptop is running XP pro.

    I can access the internet just fine from the laptop and the PC.

    Here is the situation. The PC does not "see" the laptop in the when I search
    the network.The laptop "sees" the PC but refuses to communicate with it,
    saying something about I don't have the proper access and the pathway is not
    found. HELP!

  2. Re: Wireless Network

    See if this article helps:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...&Product=winme

    --
    -Ben-
    Ben M. Schorr

    "Robert Grier" wrote in message
    > I just bought and installed a Linsys BEFW11S4 router switch thingy and
    > installed it.
    >
    > My main computer is an old but trustworthy Win ME machine. It has the

    cable
    > connection so I installed the router there.
    >
    > My laptop is running XP pro.
    >
    > I can access the internet just fine from the laptop and the PC.
    >
    > Here is the situation. The PC does not "see" the laptop in the when I

    search
    > the network.The laptop "sees" the PC but refuses to communicate with it,
    > saying something about I don't have the proper access and the pathway is

    not
    > found. HELP!

+ Reply to Thread