network problems laptop and desktop - Network

This is a discussion on network problems laptop and desktop - Network ; what do i do to setup on xp? i installed my network card put a cable btn the laptop and desktop desktop install home network conenction thru XP CD looks ok but there isnt a light coming on my laptop ...

  1. network problems laptop and desktop

    what do i do to setup on xp?
    i installed my network card
    put a cable btn the laptop and desktop
    desktop install home network conenction thru XP CD
    looks ok
    but there isnt a light coming on my laptop for a network connection

    do i need to isntall extra things?
    or maybe my cable is bust?

  2. Re: network problems laptop and desktop

    First of all the cable needs to be a cross over if it is going computer to
    computer

    "Andre" wrote in message
    > what do i do to setup on xp?
    > i installed my network card
    > put a cable btn the laptop and desktop
    > desktop install home network conenction thru XP CD
    > looks ok
    > but there isnt a light coming on my laptop for a network connection
    >
    > do i need to isntall extra things?
    > or maybe my cable is bust?

+ Reply to Thread