wireless modem to wireless router to pc how to? - Network

This is a discussion on wireless modem to wireless router to pc how to? - Network ; I have a wireless modem/router installed on PC 1, I placed a wireless accespoint/router/ in the middle, and then I want to have a connection to my laptop. How do I set up the system to get the ADSL connection ...

  1. wireless modem to wireless router to pc how to?

    I have a wireless modem/router installed on PC 1, I placed a wireless
    accespoint/router/ in the middle, and then I want to have a connection
    to my laptop. How do I set up the system to get the ADSL connection
    from modem/router to accespoint/router to my wireless card on my
    laptop?
    I know nothing about networks, so I could need some help here.

    I get my laptop connected to the accespoint/router, but how do I get
    the accespoint/router connected to the modem/router?
    modem/router is a siemens 50/500, accespoint/router is a belkin.
    Thanx,
    BArt

  2. Re: wireless modem to wireless router to pc how to?

    I don't know if I understand you correctly but this is what I am
    assuming.

    You have a ADSL/CABLE MODEM
    1 Access Point
    1 Client

    If the above is correct.

    You would have the ADSL/CABLE MODEM connected to the ACCESS POINTS
    "WAN" port (the access point MUST have a port indicating as such).

    For the clients you can take up any of the available ports as long as
    it's NOT the WAN port.

+ Reply to Thread