cisco interface problems - Network

This is a discussion on cisco interface problems - Network ; I have a cisco 1720 router that has been showing a very large amount of interface output errors (100's of thousands), along with that, there seems to be a problem with underruns and input errors, though not as bad. 2 ...

  1. cisco interface problems

    I have a cisco 1720 router that has been showing a very large amount of
    interface output errors (100's of thousands), along with that, there seems
    to be a problem with underruns and input errors, though not as bad. 2 of
    the 3 interface's are also having a problem with excessive collisions.
    Would this most likely be a physical interface problem, or router
    (hardware/software) problem. I have a feeling it might be a problem with
    autonegotiation, but am unsure.

    Thank you

    Tyler

  2. Re: cisco interface problems

    IF you suspect the AUTONEGOTIATE as the problem DISABLE IT. I never
    let any of machines, routers, switches what ever Autonegotiate.

+ Reply to Thread