World Wide TCP/IP Network - Network

This is a discussion on World Wide TCP/IP Network - Network ; I have been trying to think of a way that would make the internet a lot faster and I came up with the idea of a world wide (LAN) like network. It would be just like a cable connection but ...

  1. World Wide TCP/IP Network

    I have been trying to think of a way that would make the internet a
    lot faster and I came up with the idea of a world wide (LAN) like
    network. It would be just like a cable connection but a lot faster. Up
    to 1Gbps could be achieved. This would allow pricing of dial-up to
    crash and eventually standardise network speeds.

    I need to knoe the following things though:

    1. Is there a limit to the distance that a TCP/IP cable can cover.

    2. Are there any major problems with TCP/IP that could affect what I
    propose.

    3. Any comments/help you could offer me would be greatly appreciated.
    Even if you don't like my idea, no flaming.

    Thanks -- Tim Sheridan

  2. Re: World Wide TCP/IP Network

    Tim Sheridan wrote:
    > I have been trying to think of a way that would make the internet a
    > lot faster and I came up with the idea of a world wide (LAN) like
    > network. It would be just like a cable connection but a lot faster. Up
    > to 1Gbps could be achieved. This would allow pricing of dial-up to
    > crash and eventually standardise network speeds.
    >
    > I need to knoe the following things though:
    >
    > 1. Is there a limit to the distance that a TCP/IP cable can cover.
    >
    > 2. Are there any major problems with TCP/IP that could affect what I
    > propose.
    >
    > 3. Any comments/help you could offer me would be greatly appreciated.
    > Even if you don't like my idea, no flaming.
    >
    > Thanks -- Tim Sheridan

    The Internet is a TCP/IP network.

    The recommended limit of a standard cat5 ethernet run is 100 meters.

  3. Re: World Wide TCP/IP Network

    I'm not sure how could you transmit signals with greater speed thru the same
    cables and same network cards
    if you are planning to invent your own network card to increase speed, why
    don't just upgrade it to a fiber optics.
    world wide optical cables will allow much more than 1 GB in traffic the
    problem is that it is kind of expencive to make it everythere.
    Since quantum computers are coming in the next decade, I'm sure new methods
    of wireless data transmission will come to market, like
    transmitters/recievers based on quantum effects and this things will be able
    to exchange data with no maximum distance limits, and they will be pretty
    fast.
    Or maybe we will be connected directly brain-to-brain with some installable
    hardware into our heads.

    anyway, i guess you just need to wait.

    "Tim Sheridan" wrote in message
    news:8c65344e.0401300806.4e93248e@posting.google.c om...
    > I have been trying to think of a way that would make the internet a
    > lot faster and I came up with the idea of a world wide (LAN) like
    > network. It would be just like a cable connection but a lot faster. Up
    > to 1Gbps could be achieved. This would allow pricing of dial-up to
    > crash and eventually standardise network speeds.
    >
    > I need to knoe the following things though:
    >
    > 1. Is there a limit to the distance that a TCP/IP cable can cover.
    >
    > 2. Are there any major problems with TCP/IP that could affect what I
    > propose.
    >
    > 3. Any comments/help you could offer me would be greatly appreciated.
    > Even if you don't like my idea, no flaming.
    >
    > Thanks -- Tim Sheridan

+ Reply to Thread