ATM ?? - Network

This is a discussion on ATM ?? - Network ; Hi, i read some tutorials about ATM and still can not understand when it is a good idea to use ATM . Everywhere stays how to build an ATM network and the way it works. Can u tell me the ...

  1. ATM ??

    Hi,
    i read some tutorials about ATM and still can not understand when it
    is a good idea to use ATM . Everywhere stays how to build an ATM
    network and the way it works. Can u tell me the advantages and the
    disantvages of ATM

    thanks

  2. Re: ATM ??

    The only DISADVATAGE in ATM I believe is THE PRICE. Everything is
    costly. The routers, the Service, fuhgedaboutit.

    It's worth the price only if you need it. Are you looking to
    implement VoIP, DO you have a campus network where you are constantly
    tranfering LARGE files.

    For example, I manage a hospital of 11 entities total. We have
    completely iliminated the printing for radiology. So I decided to go
    with an ATM network that would transfer these large image files back n
    fourth with no problem.

+ Reply to Thread