I have tried to direct connect two RedHat
Linux(2.4.20-27.7smp,Intel-based) servers with Intel 82557
NIC(100BaseTx FD). I used a program called iperf to send thousands udp
packets(about 10Mbps) periodically to test the packet lost rate
between only this two servers for a long time. Then I am deeply
surprised at the result because it still have some packets lost. The
probability of the packet lost is highr than i image that. Is there
any one can tell me where is the problem or it's just the normal case?
Thanks!