How to setup a network? - Network

This is a discussion on How to setup a network? - Network ; Can someone help me setup a network? What type of server do i need? Will I need routers, switches, hubs, patch panel and cable? What is better MS2003 server, NT 4.0 server, Novell, or linux? Someone give me a brief ...

  1. How to setup a network?

    Can someone help me setup a network?
    What type of server do i need?
    Will I need routers, switches, hubs, patch panel and cable?
    What is better MS2003 server, NT 4.0 server, Novell, or linux?
    Someone give me a brief description on how to setup a network?
    Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!

  2. Re: How to setup a network?

    On 28 Jan 2004 10:06:57 -0800, jason_salinas81@yahoo.com (jasonS)
    wrote:

    >Can someone help me setup a network?
    >What type of server do i need?
    >Will I need routers, switches, hubs, patch panel and cable?
    >What is better MS2003 server, NT 4.0 server, Novell, or linux?
    >Someone give me a brief description on how to setup a network?
    >Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!

    http://www.homenethelp.com/home-network.asp

    STUDY this site for answers to basic networking. This MS2003 question
    is interesting. How many users? For what is it used? Simple file
    sharing? client/server applications? Do you need logon security?
    Have a great day,
    Albert

+ Reply to Thread