Help implementing FEC codes - Network

This is a discussion on Help implementing FEC codes - Network ; Hi all, I am trying to develop a file transfer application which can transfer files over high latency networks such as WAN with minimum time consumption and maximum throughput. I am studying FEC codes such as (Online Codes and Tornado ...

  1. Help implementing FEC codes

    Hi all,
    I am trying to develop a file transfer application which can transfer
    files over high latency networks such as WAN with minimum time
    consumption and maximum throughput. I am studying FEC codes such as
    (Online Codes and Tornado Codes) for implementing that. Due to lack of
    descriptive documentation I have not been able to reach some
    conclusive point from where I can implement this. Can anybody out
    there help me out in this case by giving some hyperlinks or
    documentation from where I can get some code extracts or extensive
    help regarding implementing these algo's.
    Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

    Thanx in advance,
    Tarandeep Singh

  2. Re: Help implementing FEC codes

    tarandeep_brar@rediffmail.com (Tarandeep) wrote in message news:<266123e0.0401261944.5ef05f84@posting.google.com>...
    > Hi all,
    > I am trying to develop a file transfer application which can transfer
    > files over high latency networks such as WAN with minimum time
    > consumption and maximum throughput. I am studying FEC codes such as
    > (Online Codes and Tornado Codes) for implementing that. Due to lack of
    > descriptive documentation I have not been able to reach some
    > conclusive point from where I can implement this. Can anybody out
    > there help me out in this case by giving some hyperlinks or
    > documentation from where I can get some code extracts or extensive
    > help regarding implementing these algo's.
    > Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanx in advance,
    > Tarandeep Singh

    Not sure what you're trying to do, but your best bet would be either
    convolutional codes or turbo codes .. look on the internet for those
    terms. Also check out textbooks on those codes, IEEE transactions and
    related periodicals etc.

    george c

+ Reply to Thread