WiFi Kit equal to cross over cable - Network

This is a discussion on WiFi Kit equal to cross over cable - Network ; Hi all, I have 2 pc I want to network. Do I have to buy a wireless AP to connect the two together or will the wireless cards in both of them connnect ot each other. Cheers, xanax....

  1. WiFi Kit equal to cross over cable

    Hi all,
    I have 2 pc I want to network.
    Do I have to buy a wireless AP to connect the two together or will the
    wireless cards in both of them connnect ot each other.
    Cheers,
    xanax.

  2. Re: WiFi Kit equal to cross over cable

    Xanax wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I have 2 pc I want to network.
    > Do I have to buy a wireless AP to connect the two together or will the
    > wireless cards in both of them connnect ot each other.
    > Cheers,
    > xanax.

    An access point is certainly a better method. But you can connect two
    WiFi devices together in ad hoc mode.

  3. Re: WiFi Kit equal to cross over cable

    Great thaanks!
    "Jerry Park" wrote in message
    > Xanax wrote:
    > > Hi all,
    > > I have 2 pc I want to network.
    > > Do I have to buy a wireless AP to connect the two together or will the
    > > wireless cards in both of them connnect ot each other.
    > > Cheers,
    > > xanax.
    > >

    > An access point is certainly a better method. But you can connect two
    > WiFi devices together in ad hoc mode.

+ Reply to Thread