Dlink Drops Wireless Connections - Network

This is a discussion on Dlink Drops Wireless Connections - Network ; My Dlink DWL-G-520 will randomly drop the wireless connection to the DI-624. This happens on three different PCs. I have to disable the network connection and then enable it to get it working again. Dlink won't even acknowledge that a ...

  1. Dlink Drops Wireless Connections

    My Dlink DWL-G-520 will randomly drop the wireless connection to the
    DI-624. This happens on three different PCs. I have to disable the
    network connection and then enable it to get it working again. Dlink
    won't even acknowledge that a problem exists with their products. Buy
    something else, don't waste your money like I did.

  2. Re: Dlink Drops Wireless Connections

    You could have tried changing the CHANNELS you were using to establish
    these connections. Perhaps run network stumber to test out which
    channel gives you the best SnR.

  3. Re: Dlink Drops Wireless Connections

    SekureSupport@aol.com (Mauricio Fernandez MCSE, CCNA) wrote in message news:<90ebab91.0402042058.4add6c8a@posting.google.com>...
    > You could have tried changing the CHANNELS you were using to establish
    > these connections. Perhaps run network stumber to test out which
    > channel gives you the best SnR.

    Changing channels has no affect. I do not believe it is a SNR
    problem, I believe it is strictly a faulty driver problem. 1) Signal
    levels remain strong at 80% or better all the time. 2) It happens on
    one of the PCs which always has a 100% strength (it is 10 feet away
    from the router). 3) As soon as it happens, if I immediately disable,
    then enable the connection, it works.

    Rick

  4. Re: Dlink Drops Wireless Connections

    Rick wrote:

    > My Dlink DWL-G-520 will randomly drop the wireless connection to the
    > DI-624. This happens on three different PCs. I have to disable the
    > network connection and then enable it to get it working again. Dlink
    > won't even acknowledge that a problem exists with their products. Buy
    > something else, don't waste your money like I did.

    I could be a bad product. It could also be that your drivers are bad,
    could be that your settings need changing, could be interference. Have
    you eliminated the other possibilities?

+ Reply to Thread